Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Oak Tree Circle Island

On May 20th a fellow Nlander, Debra Wood posted a question on this blog: "I am wondering who is responsible for the island that is on the south end of Oak Tree Circle?" Debra, thanks for the question! During the past 36 days I have been posting Debra on our progress in trying to answer her question. Seems the City of North Little Rock has no record of this little island's existence, neither in their city street maps, Pulaski County street maps, nor in the Parks & Recreation's property management listings. NLR informed me that because they had no records on this property that it must still belong to the original developer. Today I found out from that developer, General Properties, upon receiving a copy of the recorded plat that they 'dedicated' this island (as part of the Oak Tree Circle street itself) to the City of North Little Rock back on August 17, 1979. I intend to bring this official document of record to the appropriate city maintenance departments for their review. Thereafter upon gaining their response we should have an idea as to how to answer Debra's question. Stay tuned for comments to be entered against this post as together we move forward on this NLAN issue.
Nate Brandes
President - NLAN

4 comments:

Levy Goddess said...

Great work Nate!!! Missed you at our meeting.

Anonymous said...

Dear Levy Goddess, thanks! After witnessing your's and Peggy's efforts to assist in the Levy Improvement Project Group's efforts to meet their neighbor's needs and concerns I could do nothing else but to try for ours, too! Sorry I missed your meeting; did you guys send out an e-mail meeting notice? Did I miss it? I use this to mark my calendar!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Levy Goddess, please except my apology! You would think I would know better, but it's an old age - hard artery thing! I meant to correctly address your organization as the Levy Improvement Movement, not the Levy Improvement Project. Live and learn. I'm so sorry!

Levy Goddess said...

Oh that is ok dont worry about that!! Our meetings are on the 4th Thursday each month. Now in July we will meet on the 31st due to Cary Gaines town hall meeting on the 24th. Be sure to let all your people know about this town hall and hopefully we can all be together that night representing our needs and views.